The mysteries of God are mysteries for a reason. It's not that we aren't supposed to know them. It's just that often times we aren't ready to know. Concepts that we don't understand we tend to disbelieve.
God has instructed us not to disbelieve just because we don't know or understand. This is what we call faith. Faith is enough to get trusting individuals to carry on. But as we learn more things that we can't understand, we must either increase our faith, or we will waiver, as our faith is not enough to carry our non-understanding.
I'm not implying that I have more faith than any of you. How can you measure such a thing? But my ideas may be tangential to other theories and ideas, and therefore will not be all completely founded on accepted doctrine. They are puzzle pieces that I try to place in the order that makes the most sense to me. The purpose of this blog is to create a place for my own ideas, whether I believe them myself or not, and to help others interested in expanding their views a bit, creating new opportunities to learn some of these mysteries for themselves.
If they ever cause you to doubt your faith in the gospel, please stop reading and take a step back. Remember that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, period. And if what I say contradicts something that you believe to be part of that gospel, believe the gospel. Perhaps at some later point what I say may make better sense to you. Or perhaps I'm completely wrong. It is for you to judge. May the Spirit help you discern the truth from the error.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment