Monday, August 2, 2010

Quick Thoughts on Light

Some quick thoughts that I want to explore further...

I've been doing a lot of thinking on faith, hope, and charity lately. While doing so, I had an epiphony. I realized that hope is the light we have in our life. Despair, on the other hand, is that lack of light which is darkness. As I realized this, I realized the following:

  • Faith is the vision of the light produced by others, particularly God.
  • Hope is the light we produce internally.
  • Charity is the light we expel from ourselves to be seen by others.

I believe this to be more literal than figurative. I'll keep thinking about it.

While I'm on the topic, let me open a quick vote. I've decided to start collecting my thoughts on faith, hope, and charity in a book format. Should I target it toward an LDS audience or a broader Christian one? If I target the LDS, I can delve a little deeper into the doctrines and correlate them to other doctrines particular to the LDS faith. But targeting the general Christian faith could help a greater number of people. I don't really have high hopes of really marketing my thoughts either way, but I need to decide which way to go before getting started. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your thoughts dealing with light and how it relates to faith, hope, and charity. We are experiencing a time in our lives where I have literally seen "light" through the acts of charity given. Your thoughts are wonderful and comforting. Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie and Mark said...

I would recommend starting w/ an LDS focus. Keep the light pure and others who seek light will be drawn to it.
Dad