Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Thoughts on Hope

I’ve come to a conclusion on my search for an understanding on hope. I would like to delve more deeply into the topic in the future, but for the time being, my conclusions are to my soul’s satisfaction.

Hope is a product of faith. Hope is the true expectation of good things to come. Just as faith is the understanding and knowledge of things as they are, hope is the knowledge and understanding of blessings to come.

As such, hope requires first that one has faith in God and His ability to bless. Then one must repent of their sins and put themselves in a state of good grace before God. Finally, they must live the laws upon which the blessings are predicated. When these steps are achieved, hope is born in the soul of that person, a hope for the blessings promised by God.

Hope is the creator of happiness. It is the producer of light. A man without hope is a man without light. Our future glory depends on the amount of light we will have created in ourselves through the Light of Christ.

So we must reconcile ourselves with God, and earn hope through obedience in order to find joy in this life and glory to come.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Good thoughts. Thanks for sharing them. If I ever have to give a talk on hope, you can bet I'm using them. :) Loves.