Back in September 2008 I blogged on some thoughts I had on what it meant that God was omniscient. I speculated that perhaps our concept of God holding the enitre universe in His mind was exaggerated, stemming from the misunderstanding of God's nature dating back to the Council of Nicea in the 4th century. I hypothesized that God did not actively hold all data present in His mind, but instead was in possesion of all data, and must simply look to see.
But I recently came across these verses in Moses 1:27-28
27. And it came to pass, as the voice was still speaking, Moses cast his eyes and beheld the earth, yea, even all of it; and there was not a particle of it which he did not behold, discerning it by the spirit of God.
28. And he beheld also the inhabitants thereof, and there was not a soul which he beheld not; and he discerned them by the spirit of God; and their numbers were great, even numberless as the sand upon the sea shore.
I am amazed at this. Moses, a mortal man, was able to discern the entire earth at a single moment throught the Spirit of God. All things, every single particle, all at once. It is easy to deduce from this that God Himself can and does view the entire universe at each moment, and can discern every single part of it. He is truly omniscient to the fullest extent of the word.
I repent of my doubting the great and infinite capacity of our Father in Heaven. He truly is a glorious being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
good thoughts, Mark. Sometimes the power of God just blows my mind. Well, forget about sometimes... ALL the time! :)
Amen!
Yea, I'm with you -Truly Amazing! And then you realize that He knows EACH of us better than we know ourselves and loves us beyond our comprehension -WOAH! Wow -we really SHOULD trust Him completely!
Post a Comment